2015: Wishes and Wants
When I look back on 2014 all I can do is smile. The past year has been filled with many emotions but the most overwhelming ones have been love, happiness and excitement. As each year passes I find it very interesting to see growth, whether it be personal or in relationships, and how life often surprises me. I am not a huge fan of resolutions, maybe because society has made resolutions wee like a way to look at our weaknesses and target things we need to change. I would rather look at a new year as something exciting that will provide surprises as well as time and room for goals to be achieved. So instead of resolutions to change this or improve that, this year I am going to think of 5 things I want out of the year. Some of these things involve conscious efforts but others are just ways to see life differently. Whether you’re a fan of resolutions or not, I think deciding what you want out of the new year is something positive and exciting, so here we go!
1. I want to laugh more. Whether it be spending time with friends, watching funny YouTube videos or going to comedy shows, I really want that can’t breathe, almost crying laughter more often than not.
2. Say yes more. I often find myself overthinking things, analyzing the situation and planning too much. Sometimes I need to let go and say yes before I plan out every detail – a small form of spontaneity.
3. Travel. This area is still very grey for me, I often travel in regards to work but I would love to travel to a new place for fun. At this moment the places I’d like to go are endless, so maybe I’ll try my hand at that spontaneity thing again and put all the places I’d like to travel to in a hat and choose one blindly.
4. Puzzle and game more. Growing up I was constantly working on a new 1000 piece puzzle or playing board games and cards with my neighbours. These activities are minuscule in the grand scheme of things but give me so much peace and joy, it’s something I would love to get back into on a regular basis.
5. More love. I want to share and spread more love as well as accept it. It’s often so easy to get caught up in our own lives and worlds that we don’t see what others are going through, whether good or bad. Whether it’s a little note to a friend starting a new job or throwing a surprise birthday party, I want to invest more of my heart and love into others and the world. I truly believe our wold would be a better place if we all spent more time loving one another.
I hope my little list inspires you to think about what 2015 can bring and what to be excited for! What are some of your wishes and wants for the new year?